March 8, 2009

PHOROGS?

Last night I was looking through all the pictures on my computer, which I tend to do quite often. I love looking through and remembering all the details of what was going on when each picture was taken. I tend to take A LOT of pictures, of pretty much anything and everything. And I have some good stories that go along with a lot of these pictures. So, since I can never come up with anything interesting to blog about I thought it would be fun to post a random picture and the story that goes along with it. Some may be a bit embarrassing, but I am willing to sacrifice my dignity for a good story. Thus, the phorog is born. My photo story blogs. (I realize that this is what one usually does on a blog...post pictures and write about them...but this is different because these are old pictures. Just go with it.)

This is a picture of T-Bag. For those of you who watch the show Prison Break, you know who I am talking about. For those of you who don't watch it, you need to. I was a bit obsessed with this show, and you will notice reference to it on more than one occasion. So...on the show, T-Bag is an evil, murderous man....much like this spider! I hate spiders. But even more, I hate walking outside of my apartment only to find this gigantic monster lurking above my door. (P.S. California has a lot of spiders. And this was not the only time I encountered such a beast.) It was so big and looked like it could jump down and kill you. Hence the name, T-Bag...very fitting. After we were done freaking out from the initial shock of staring T-Bag in the face, we decided the only feasible way to kill it was with a giant can of Raid (which was left over from a giant ant infestation). We could have just chopped his hand off, but PB watchers know that does not slow T-Bag down. We also could have just put him in a ghetto prison in panama...but again, nothing. So, Raid it was.

We in no way wanted to try and knock him down with a broom or anything, just in case he attempted to lunge at us. So we thought this was our best bet. Quick and easy, right? Just spray a little poison on him, and that will be that. Wrong! This monster would not die. Another good reason for his name. I kept spraying and spraying, and he kept moving and moving. After about 2 minutes of a constant stream of Raid....T-Bag finally bit the dust. SUCCESS! Or so I thought. He wanted to have one last hoorah and scare the crap out of me. He slowly started descending...coming right for my head. But I was too fast for him. He must have forgotten I was the one with the can of poison! As you can tell from the next picture T-Bag was finally a gonner.
While all of this was going on, we didn't notice that our downstairs neighbor had come out of his apartment to see what all the high pitched screaming was all about. He had a good laugh, that is for sure. We had one of our chairs from the kitchen out that I was standing on, in a skirt, squealing. Who wouldn't enjoy that, eh? From then on we were known as the spider killers by our neighbor. A couple of times when we were walking up the stairs we would hear him behind us calling us killers. And it made it even more comical because he was this big black guy who was all gangster. I don't know...maybe you just had to be there. Anyways, good times.

5 Special Treasures:

Bren said...

To funny and you look so cute!!!

Robyn said...

Heidi- I love the shirt you are wearing in those picutres. If it's in your closet I'm going to steal it!

P.S. Just another reason why Oregon is better than California- now you have a brother-in-law to kill T-bag for you.

Chelsea said...

Wow this totally happened to Lindsey and me. Only it was a very large Hawaiian cockroach. But yeah - it wouldn't die with Raid. It was in our room and we didn't want a pile of guts anywhere in our room. Or we didn't want the unpleasantness that is smashing a bug of that size and stature. Ew.

Tiffany and Eric said...

Heidi! I've been trying to find you!I don't have any cool stories, but we killed a black widow today. That kinda counts...I guess? We miss you!

Heidi said...

Tiffany!!!! Holy Cow! I am always checking on facebook to see if you are on there. I miss you guys too and I want to know what is going on with you! My E-mail is heiditorgesen@gmail.com - let me know what you are up to.

P.S. Do Eric's parents still like in Tigard? Because now I live like 45 minutes from there. So if you ever visit them it would be awesome to see you!