I don't know why, but I never really liked that movie. Do I not have a heart or something? What's not to like..."Young Trevor McKinney, troubled by his mother's alcoholism and fears of his abusive but absent father, is caught up by an intriguing assignment from his new social studies teacher, Mr. Simonet. The assignment: think of something to change the world and put it into action. Trevor conjures the notion of paying a favor not back, but forward--repaying good deeds not with payback, but with new good deeds done to three new people. Trevor's efforts to make good on his idea bring a revolution not only in the lives of himself, his mother and his physically and emotionally scarred teacher, but in those of an ever-widening circle of people completely unknown to him." (thanks to IMDB)I mean, come on. The cute little kid is trying to change the world. It has heartwarming written all over it! Just not for me, I guess. I think the ending ruined it for me. Anyways, even though I didn't care for the movie, I do think this is a great idea!
So....the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the year, a handmade gift/treat from me, or maybe even both! What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before you leave your comment, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going. Then come back, let me know you're going to play and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your gift!
Sounds like fun, huh? And since there are pretty much only 3 people who read my blog this should be pretty easy! I think it will be pretty interesting to see where this goes! I hope you join in, because I make some pretty amazing things, and you will want them! And I am really humble about it. Just kidding, but really, I think this is going to be great.
Can you tell I am pretty excited for this?





7 Special Treasures:
I guess I'm one of the 3 lucky people to read your blog. I want in on the special-thing making action. You've got my address, I'll be waiting by my mailbox!
I really wanna be a part of this game with you!!! Think I can?
ummm....do i get something too??
I'm too late- so sad that I was too busy cooking your meals that I didn't have time to check your blog until now! ha ha :) Fun idea, though.
dang! I'm too late :( but I still want to pay it forward. You do make amazing things. I am sad I won't get any now.
Brooke- You are going to be waiting a long time...February 28th sound good?
Laura- OF COURSE!
Brenda- Yes, yes you do.
Robyn- Thank you for paying it forward to me every single day, slave girl!
Lindsey- I could never refuse you! And I have the perfect thing to make for you that you will LOVE. So I will bend the rules especially for you, because you are pretty great!
Oh hooray! Heidi, you are my hero.
Post a Comment