October 18, 2008

My Prince Charming?

So I have been spending a lot of time with a boy lately, and tonight we went on our first date. Before I go into too much detail about the date, let me weigh out some pros and cons about the boy and our date. Just to give you an idea of who he is.

Pro- He's got a lot of energy and likes to do most things. I had a hard time keeping up with him.
Con- He is a bit younger than I am. And by a bit, I mean quite a bit. That's why he has so much energy.

Pro- He loves singing, and maybe he will be a musician someday.
Con- He doesn't have a job now, so he borrowed money from his mom for the date.

Pro- There was a lot of holding hands.
Con- He is shorter than I am. Which probably makes it tiring for his arm to hold my hand.

Pro- He had a really nice red striped shirt on...he looked really cute in it.
Con- He decided to pair that really nice looking shirt with bright green boots.

Pro- I lost count of how many times he told me he loves me.
Con- Although he says he loves me, he never once opened my door for me.

Pro- He always comes up with random things to talk about...makes it interesting.
Con- The majority of our conversations centered around Halloween.

Pro- We went to get ice cream! I love ice cream!
Con- He had a problem keeping most of his ice cream off his face. Then ate half of my cone.

Pro- There were a lot of kisses.
Con- Most were slobbery.

So, he's got a lot of learning to do before his next date, I would say. But that's okay, because he still has 14 more years to figure it out. He will be a pro by then. So maybe you are thinking that I went out with some weirdo loser guy...but let me explain. I got to go out on a date with my nephew...who is 2. For being 2 we had a pretty great date. We went to McDonald's for dinner and he was very pleased with his race car toy. We named it Speed Racer. After dinner we went to Michael's Crafts...because the kid is obsessed with Halloween, and Michael's has a pretty decent spread. He loved going around the store looking for witches and pumpkins. Then we went next door to Petco to look at all the animals. This is where he went crazy running all over the place. He had to look at the fish, then run over to the hamsters, then to the snakes, and back to the fish, etc. Back and Forth a few times. When we had to leave the store he was pretty sad, so I used the old bribe him with ice cream trick. It worked until we got out to the car, then the screams started. He did not want to get into his carseat. People looked at us, and probably thought I was beating him or something. It was pretty cute though, because he had his arms around my neck and wouldn't let go then he looked at me and planted a big kiss on my cheek so I wouldn't put him in. That boy sure knows that kisses will make me do what he wants. Eventually he got in his seat and we went to a different McDonald's to get ice cream cones. You can't go back to the same one, so we had to find a new one and the whole way there we talked about Halloween. He was very excited to get his one whole ice cream cone. When I gave it to him he got such a surprised expression on his face and said "Oh, Wow!" After ice cream I brought him back home. It was a pretty great date. He was really cute in his bright green frog boots, and a face covered in ice cream.

7 Special Treasures:

Brandon said...

You are a piece of work, you know that? You had me going for a while...

Robyn said...

Hilarious! Sounds like this boy's momma has taught him well. We'll work on the door thing- no promises though. When is date #2?

mommaT said...

And you say you don't know how to write...I was laughing so hard that I was crying. I can't believe you took him out in public with his frog boots on. How embarassing!!

Unknown said...

I remember when Zach was my boyfriend. He was a pretty good one, I won't lie.

Unknown said...

One time I commented on your blog and nothing happened... here it is again:
I remember when Zach was my boyfriend. He was a pretty good one, I won't lie.

Elizabeth said...

What a cute date you had Heidi! Good to hear some updates...Did you move out by Robyn & Jacob? Hope all is well.

brooke said...

What a hot date!