So I needed a change of decor in my room. Everything on the walls has been in the same spot for almost a year, which might not sound so bad to some, but I am used to moving to a new place at least once a year. And with moving comes a new palette to put all of my decorations. Recently I have just needed some change. I have been thinking of projects that I could do for a few months now, and bought a few canvases and paint and brushes so I could do some cool painting project. I started, then realized that I am not a painter. Luckily I had only painted on one of the canvases, so they weren't all ruined. But then I just set my supplies aside and forgot about them for awhile. The other day I was in IKEA and in one of their display rooms they had canvases covered in fabric. I CAN DO THAT! No artistic creativity is needed. Just fold some fabric over a canvas...which I had! So I looked through their fabric and couldn't find any that matched my room, so I kept going and came across curtains! And they were perfect and so amazing! I brought them home and made such a cool project with them. Well, I think it is cool, but I made it, so I may be a bit partial. All it consists of is 5 canvases, curtain fabric, and brown paint...and tape because that is the only thing I had to attach the fabric to the canvas. I will skip all the boring details of how I made it and just go straight to the finished product!
July 27, 2008
The Next Martha Stewart
Scribbled by Heidi at 12:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 Special Treasures:
Boring details?!?!?!?! I need a step by step manual to copy cat you. You know I'm craftily inept.
So crafty! I like the idea of using curtains for fabric. I'm going to have to stock up at IKEA before we move.
Post a Comment