Where the heck did this year even go? It is already December, and Christmas is only 3 weeks away! In California it doesn't even seem like Christmas time. Hardly any people have Christmas lights/decorations up, there is NO snow (just tons of rain), it is still VERY green outside, we haven't had to turn our heat on yet, the other day I had the A/C in my car on, palm trees are decorated with Christmas lights...I miss Christmas time in Idaho. Normal Christmas time. I miss driving down the streets and seeing every house you pass have Christmas lights up. The other night we went to the Oakland temple to see it decked out with Christmas lights, and I felt a bit of normalcy (is that even a word) seeing all the lights and watching a Christmas program. Although, as mentioned before, it was very odd to see palm trees with lights on them. It was nice to feel the Christmas spirit once again, if only for a night. But I won't give up on it just yet, hopefully more people will get into the whole Christmas scene. And hopefully it will feel more like home here.
December 7, 2007
"Winter"
Scribbled by Heidi at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 Special Treasures:
HEIDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You posted. I almost cried. Okay, I won't lie, I did cry. Great big tears of joy. I have held off creating a link to your blog on mine so I wouldn't get complaints from everyone telling me they are feeling empty learning nothing about your life, but now, I can! Oh yeah, palm trees with lights, you get used to it, and start to love it :)
I heart you.
Post a Comment